I had a great dinner this weekend with my hubby and some lovely friends at Fonda San Miguel here in Austin. Just wanting something light for dinner, I ordered the lobster ceviche and absolutely loved it. While I’d love to make it at home, on a busy Tuesday night, shrimp ceviche seemed like the next best thing. The prep time for this is crazy quick, and because you do quickly boil the shrimp, you only need about an hour to marinate before enjoying a yummy dinner.
Quick and Easy Shrimp Ceviche
Quantity: 4 servings
Time: about 15 minutes prep, plus 1-3 hours marinating
Paleo Grade: A (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 limes
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, diced
- 1 avocado
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook shrimp for about 3 minutes, until just cooked (they’ll be pink).
- Drain, cool, de-tail, and roughly chop shrimp.
- Squeeze limes into a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp, shallot, tomato, jalapeno, olive oil, salt, and pepper to lime juice and combine well.
- Cover and let marinate in fridge for a minimum of one hour. (can chill up to six)
- Stir cilantro into chilled mixture.
- Serve ceviche with a slotted spoon and top with 1/4 sliced avocado.
Loads of good protein and fat in this one… Nice and light!