Scrambling to put together a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day? Well, even if you’re not, dark chocolate covered strawberries are a relatively guilt-free little indulgence for any special occasion (or dinner party!). They couldn’t be simpler to make – I hesitate to even call it a “recipe.” :) Hope you like ’em!
‘Paleo’ Dark Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Quantity: 12 strawberries
Time: 15 minutes
Paleo Grade: C (it’s a treat, but if you use good dark choco, it’s not too bad!)
Vegetarian Adaptation: None needed!
- 12 large long-stemmed strawberries
- 1 3.5 oz. bar of dark chocolate (I used Ghirardelli 86% this time – yum.)
- Rinse and thoroughly pat dry all your strawberries… set aside.
- Next, break the dark chocolate bar up into small chunks and place them in a small bowl.
- Time to melt the chocolate! Feel free to use a double boiler if you like, but I prefer microwaving for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each burst. Microwave until just melted, being careful not to scorch.
- When it’s good and melty, just dip each strawberry and lay out on a piece of wax paper (on a plate). When you’ve dipped ’em all, just place in the fridge to set!
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve and enjoy! Happy munching!