This is one of my husband P.J.’s go-to dishes… He’s a vegetarian, so he’s been a great influence on me in terms of incorporating more vegetables into my daily diet. He’s also one of those guys who can grab four seemingly unrelated things from the fridge and create something awesome. It’s an incredible skill, and I love it about him. He created this dish to round out our main course options at the inaugural Paleo Dinner Party. I take no credit for this dish – it’s all him!
Steamed Broccolini with Lemon
Quantity: 8 servings
Time: 15 minutes
Paleo Grade: A (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 2 lemons, halved
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Put about 1/4″ of water in the bottom of a large non-stick saute pan and turn heat onto medium-high.
- Place broccolini in pan with water and cover.
- Steam broccolini for about 6-8 minutes, until it turns a nice dark green and achieves your desired tenderness.
- Once steamed, remove lid and allow water to evaporate. Toss in pan with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Squeeze two lemons over the broccolini and toss.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve warm.